Lake Nottely Real Estate
Lake Nottely is nestled in the northwest of Blairsville, GA border line of North Carolina. It expands 106 miles of shoreline filled with beautiful views including mountains all around.
Nottely Dam was constructed in 1941 and completed in 1942; it’s 197 feet high & stretches 3,915 feet across the Nottely River. The reservoir of the Tennessee Valley Authority supports flood damage reduction and power generation (operating with one unit & capacity of 18 megawatts). In addition, it supports recreational areas – from swimming area, campground area, and lake access.
For more information, visit Nottely Reservoir TVA website.
What is nearby?
- Nottely Marina– full service fuel dock and source for water sport rentals
- Nottely Boat Club & Marina– water sport rentals and casual dining
- North Georgia Watersports– water sport rentals, lodging, a water blob and guided fishing tours
- Poteete Creek Campground– campsites, recreation area with boat ramp, picnic tables, pavilion, swimming beach, fishing areas, restrooms and a bath house with showers. (Poteete Creek Campground requires a $5.00 parking pass for use of the boat ramp and beach area. For additional information, you are advised to call (706) 439-6103.)
- Meeks Park– picnic areas, walking/biking trails, pavilions, playgrounds, tennis courts, batting cages, a skateboard park, pool and splash pad, as well as a small waterside exercise area with equipment. Meeks Park is also known to host seasonal events and festivals throughout the year. Be sure to check their calendar while you are visiting to enjoy those activities as well.